1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

What are your hifi plans for 2019?

Discussion in 'audio' started by Rosewind, Jan 3, 2019.

1. matteo.renesto

matteo.renesto Only '80's

My hifi plans for the 2019 are:

- sale my Akurate gears;
    - upgrade my Slipsik 6 to 7
    - After the purchase of some Naim gears and some tweaks on cables and my LP12 in late 2018, enjoy a lot of musics.

M.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
    Rosewind likes this.
  2. babolat

babolat pfm Member

Mi HIFI 2019 plan is to split my only Naim system into two small different ones.

3. Hopefully a Hugo TT although I’ve been put off a bit by the BNC connection. Means I’d have to use an adaptor again.

Also the HCR boards from Avondale to go with my Qudos boards

And maybe a pair of ProAc SCM100’s

I may get friendly with the bank manager

clap likes this.
  4. clap

clap pfm Member

I thought BNC was the best connector. Proacs sound nice.

5. It could well be but I’ve an expensive Chord coax interconnect that I’d rather not get rid off. Adaptor won’t make much difference.

6. foxwelljsly

foxwelljsly Keep Music Vile

Get my Quad 520 serviced, JTC's ESL 57s installed and buy a new cartridge. I hope that'll then be me done for a few years.

Rosewind likes this.
  7. Rosewind

Rosewind Lost in Translation

Good luck with the Quad ESL-57s! They sound really transparent and musical.

8. suzywong

suzywong The Man who had no Naim

Naim DAC

9. Caledon1297

Caledon1297 pfm Member

Scratch my CB Naim itch?
    Like Olive, rather less keen on Black, so interested to go further back into JV era, and try some CB.
    Where to start, though...? :rolleyes:

10. Rosewind

You could do worse than a Naim Nac 12 or Nac 32.5 with a Nap 110 or Nap 160 + Hicap. Still, I rate the black Naim Nap 200 highly, although that is a black box Naim.

Caledon1297 likes this.
  11. booja30

booja30 pfm Member

Nait 1 or 2? One box secondary system with a Chromecast Audio. If you don't like it sell it on easily and voila, your itch is scratched.

Caledon1297 likes this.
  12. tiggers

tiggers pfm Member

Speakers are my only plans this year..... either SL2s or SBLs. I can't make my mind up as to which, I think the SL2s are the way to go, but they are three times the price of SBLs and I always said I'd own a set of SBLs one day.

It's a dilemma..... and no comments about it being a choice between two thorns or the likes... I get some don't like Naim, but I do!

13. Rosewind

Nait 1 or 2: good shout!

Caledon1297 likes this.
  14. JemHayward

JemHayward pfm Member

Split my system into a digital system:
    RPi -> MDAC(maybe MDAC2) -> (hopefully Lakewest VFET, but for now Radford STA25) -> Martin Logan Summit.

And in another building, my analogue system (shared with my TV system):
    Transcriptors Skeleton, Vestigial Arm, Decca Gold -> Naim based phono amp -> Phono amp PSU/Meldano TTPSU -> Radford SC22 preamp - as source selector only -> Putzeys Preamp -> Radford STA25, if available, or Hypex UcD32 Power Amp - Quad ESL57 & Linn Sizmik Sub - via Behringer DEQ2496 DSP. This system will also use a Yamaha AV amp to drive centre and rear speakers for the TV.

Changes - maybe a Lakewest MDAC2, maybe a Lakewest VFET, maybe a Unicorn, I may get my Decca Blue rebuilt, I may buy a Decca Maroon, or C4E, and I want to try my Zu / ESCO Denon DL104 in the Vestigial, as shouldn't work, at all, but I suspect it might. If I see a Radford STA15 at anything like an affordable price I may well invest. If I win the lottery I'll get Tim deParavicini to build direct drive valve amps into my Quads, and if my wife gets abducted by aliens, I may get another set of 57s and stack my Quads.

Main project is to discover more new music.

Rosewind likes this.
  15. Rosewind

That is what it comes down to: music.

I would love to hear a Radford STA with my Quad ESL-57s

16. suzywong

suzywong The Man who had no Naim

Start with SBLs, they are dirt cheap these days, and you’ll have enough dosh left over to take them active :)

17. tiggers

tiggers pfm Member

I think SBLs will be the way I go. I'm already active so it will be a relatively cheap upgrade. Have Allaes right now, but always hankered after SBLs and have the perfect room for them too.

18. clap

clap pfm Member

Chord would reterminate it for you for a reasonable charge

19. Caledon1297

Caledon1297 pfm Member

12/120 or 160, and/or a Nait are definite contenders; there also seems to be some enthusiasm for 42(.5) (or perhaps 32.5)/110... Not much 'love' in these parts for 250 or 135s, though?

I'll see what crops up... :rolleyes:

20. Cereal Killer

Cereal Killer fourhundredandthirtytwo

My plan is going to be, (to try) not to change anything unless broken.

Rosewind likes this.