1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

What concert have you last been to #2

Discussion in 'music' started by guey, Sep 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikebirtill

mikebirtill pfm Member

last night The Twilight Sad at the brudenell social club in leeds. They were great and the special offer beer was sierra nevada torpedo ipa at £3.95 a pint.

2. Sonority

Sonority pfm Member

26th October. The Royal Albert Hall. Dead Can Dance.

Playing together and touring for the first time in 20+ years, & this is the only UK gig.
    I somehow managed great seats (it sold out real quick)
    Surrounded by folks from all over Europe dressed somewhat 'Goth', but not as dark.. they were determined to enjoy the night.
    Pretty much the whole of the new album was presented, along with a fair smattering of those from the past.
    Brendan had some of his own solo tracks (of which most, at least for me, did not fit the gig at all, but ymmv) and Lisa had a couple of hers - and to be honest, they were just amazing. The track from Gladiator went down a storm.
    One item in particular will live with me forever, and was one I just never expected to experience live.
    'The Host Of Seraphim' was one of the most moving pieces of music I have ever seen / heard / experienced. Nobody wanted it to end. Everyone just sat transfixed until the very final note finally faded - then went wild.
    I have never seen anyone have so much (complete) confidence in a voice.
    I would dearly love to know what she 'sees' in her mind to 'sing' those lyrics?
    How do you memorise them?
    As the concert came to an end - the encore over, then another, and then one with Lisa & a keyboard player - possibly the most shambolic end to such an amazing concert ever?
    Wile it was not unwelcome to have 'another' track - it did feel like the ending was not particularly well thought through - especially as this was almost cetainly a one off.
    Happy to have attended, and I have another 'moment in life' to treasure.

3. RoyleBlue

RoyleBlue pfm Member

Just back from seeing Muse at the London O2 Arena - another great gig from them with an incredible stage / light show.

4. Cheese

Cheese Bitter lover

Just Luka Bloom. Alone with a guitar. A great evening, great songs, good singing and the best guitar sound in the universe.

5. westsea

westsea Retirement present

An evening with the Paulinus Singers, Faure; Britten; Schubert; Rachmaninov. Real music fantastic voices

6. stackowax

stackowax pfm Member

Springsteen last night. As usual, he was great.

7. RichardH

RichardH Bodging pleb

Friend of mine was at that too - he was raving about the percussion player.

Friday - Wilko Johnson (with Dylan Howe on drums and Norman Watt-Roy on bass).

Saturday - The John Otway Big Band.

Both great.

8. dk2

dk2 pfm Member

Pet Shop Boys at the O2, some time ago now. Brilliant as ever.

9. guey

guey pfm Member

Efterklang and the Northern Sinfonia last night at The Barbican - just stunning.
    The rearrangements of the the new album were beautiful, and the encore of Modern Drift had me thinking it was a bit dusty in there.
    One of the the great live bands of the last few years.

10. dsg

dsg Bearded fellow

Sounds great. Wish I could have been there.

Damian

11. Ian M

Ian M pfm Member

Choir of the Year at RFH last Sunday and Benjamin Grosvenor at QEH tonight. Enjoyed them both.

12. Harper1

Harper1 Active Member

U2 Wembley Stadium Atomic Bomb tour

13. tqineil

tqineil pfm Member

14th, 16th and 18th October in Toronto and Montreal, saw Rush on the Clockwork Angels tour, complete with string ensemble - they're playing as well as ever and even changing their setlists these days - really enjoyable!

Tonight it's my first experience of Muse at the MEN, decent seats too.

14. paulc

paulc Registered User

Going to see Leonard Cohen in San Jose next week. This time next week it will have been the last concert I have been to...

15. amershamman

amershamman pfm Member

Kate Rusby at the Festival Hall in London last week. Kate never disappoints.

16. AngusB

AngusB pfm Member

The Low Anthem followed by Iron and Wine at The Green Man - awesome!

17. DavidD

DavidD pfm Member

Malcolm Middleton, The Tunnels, Aberdeen. First half was with a band playing the Human Don't be Angry album. Second half was solo with acoustic guitar doing back catalogue songs. Pretty clear which part went down better - second half was a treasure.

Also very impressed by how when he had finished his set he grabbed his coat and headed towards the exit with the rest of us, although perhaps he was hoping to flog a couple more CDs to the departing fans!

The night before was the Scottish National Jazz Orchestra playing Duke Ellington at the Music Hall, bit of a contrast, almost as enjoyable.

18. uncl_nigel

uncl_nigel pfm Member

12th Oct Susanna Mälkki conducting the Helsinki Phil at their new music centre - Saariaho, Orion and MAhler Titan - with a front row seat just over the precussion - brilliant.

14th Oct Organ concert in St Micheal's, Turku (Finland) followed by Handel's Jephta in the Cathedral.

A great weekend away from home.

19. roman

roman pfm Member

Went to see Jack White at Alexandra palace last night. Brilliant performance and still the best rock performer I can think of right now. The sound was pretty good but the venue is a soulless toilet. I loathe it. Jacks band (the boys) were outstanding, esp drummer and keyboard player.

Anyone thnking of going to the remaining gigs, dont think twice, just go.

20. Engels

Engels pfm Member

Roberto Fonseca at Ronnie Scott's last night. Stupendous - two show sellout. Drummer broke the bass drum pedal during his solo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.