1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

What concert have you last been to #3

Discussion in 'music' started by Rasher, Mar 5, 2013.

1. JTWzen

JTWzen pfm Member

My mate phoned a few months ago, Focus are on in November, shall we go? So, saw them In Scotland last Saturday, worth the hours of travel from the North West, very well performed, slightly (very?) self indulgent - well it is prog! Agree that Pierre was excellent but drum solos - meh!
    I am ashamed to admit that I was surprised to find that Jan Akkerman left in 1976!

2. glenda

glenda pfm Member

Just back from seeing Catrin Finch / Seckou Keita in Brecon - great chemistry between them and they appeared to thoroughly enjoy their time on stage together. Bought a signed copy of the album and then we sat next to a woman in her 70s (?) who said that she should really dig out her record player - which is transpired was a Linn bought in the 80s which cost her 2 months salary!
    Cheers
    Tony

3. James Evans

James Evans Bedroom Bodger

Mogwai + The Twilight Sad last night in Liverpool. Too bloody loud! (Not that I wasn't expecting that). Ended up leaving half way through Mogwai.

4. Muttley2

Muttley2 pfm Member

One for the snowflakes- The Macc Lads! Islington

5. BARNEYS DAD

BARNEYS DAD pfm Member

Johnny Marr, Birmingham.
    Highlight being an extended How Soon Is Now.

6. mentalp

mentalp pfm Member

Hilde Marie Holson - performing @Daylight Music at the Union Chapel. Beautiful

[​IMG]Hilde Marie Holsen by Pete, on Flickr

7. madscientist

madscientist pfm Member

Mogwai last night in Brighton, awesome though a little deaf this morning!

8. Andrew C!

Andrew C! Been around a while....

Christine and the Queens. O2 Academy Birmingham. Rather good.

Bjork67 likes this.
  9. Audio_Therapy

Audio_Therapy Trade: Audio Therapy

Got tickets to see an Orchestral rendition of Dr Dre's 2001 in January - should be interesting!!

10. guey

guey pfm Member

Kraftwerk Re:Werk at The Anvil, Basingstoke last Saturday.
    Bit of a mixed bag; and I preferred the Messiaen piece in the first half to the rearrangement of Trans Europe Express.
    Glad I went; but for me it was more music to admire than enjoy.

11. Pete MB&D

Pete MB&D Pete Maddex, the one and only!

Ukulele orchestra of Great Britain in Nottingham last night, very good very funny.

Pete

12. foxwelljsly

foxwelljsly Keep Music Vile

John Cale at the De La Warr Pavilion in Bexhill on Sea. Great band as usual, great sound and great versions of Magritte and Hedda Gabler amongst others, slightly marred by guitar problems in the Gun/Pablo Picasso finale. A bit more electric chamber music and less straight heavy rock than a few years ago at the RFH and a great venue.

Strange support act, though. A very fey local singer songwriter that seemed nervous beyond belief, spent ages tuning her nylon strung guitar between songs and sung love songs, apparently, about unhealthy sex and relationships.

13. Bananahead

Bananahead pfm Member

Lily Allen at Komplex 457

The opening night of her European tour. She can sing. Quite a lot of just her and a piano.

14. Konteebos

Konteebos Ignorant Uninformed Hard Remainer

Peter Murphy '40 Years Of Bauhaus' featuring David J last night in Glasgow (SWG3) - it was an amazing show, his voice has lost none of its power and he has an amazing stage presence. The band were tight as hell and it was great to see him playing with original Bauhaus bassist David J.
    If you get a chance to see them on this tour I recommend that you get tickets!

15. guey

guey pfm Member

808 State and Lone in Brizzle last Saturday with all the silver ravers.
    Sadly, Lone was just a DJ set of his own material, rather than a live set; but it was still nice to hear it out at volume.
    Sound was a bit murky for 808 State; but a good run through of old and new tunes.

16. madscientist

madscientist pfm Member

Billy Cobham at The Jazz Cafe last night..still got the chops Billy

Konteebos likes this.
  17. early

early pfm Member

Last Thursday was Ryley Walker at Band on the Wall in Manchester . This Sunday is Tess Parks at Yes in Manchester .

18. Andrew C!

Andrew C! Been around a while....

Midge Ure, then The League at Leicester on Tuesday.

Both good, but I know which I prefer.

19. Saw Ed Harcourt at the Tabenacle in West London on Tuesday night. Ed put on a great show and The Tabenacle is a cracking venue, will look out for more gigs there.

Cheers BB

20. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

Last night at Manchester’s RNCM the students put on a Puccini double bill of one act operas by Puccini.
    First off was the bleak Suor Angelica followed by the comic Gianni Schicchi.
    The quality of the performances was quite outstanding and in Linda Richardson who played Suor Angelico and Quentin Hayes who was a rumbustious Gianni Schicchi the College have two superb artists in residence.