1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

What concert have you last been to #3

Discussion in 'music' started by Rasher, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

Respect!

2. mentalp

mentalp pfm Member

Young Fathers - Brixton Academy on Tuesday

3. RoyleBlue

RoyleBlue pfm Member

Last month Greta Van Fleet in Kentish Town - amazing young band, great future!

4. JTC

JTC PFM Villager...

Macca in Glasgow, earlier tonight. Stunningly good actually!

5. Bob McC

Mercury Rev at Manchester’s Royal Exchange theatre tonight.

A fantastic rendition of an Un-orchestrated Deserters’ Songs only slightly spoiled by a pillock opposite on the front row who decided to video it with a spotlight on throughout. Not enough to add to house lights but enough to piss off everyone sitting opposite her and the house did nothing about it.

Brown Bottle likes this.
  6. suzywong

suzywong pfm Member

Kate Rusby, Salisbury City Hall, tonight.

7. Would love to have seen that, it's a great album.

Cheers BB

8. Bob McC

John Bramwell at Gorilla in Manchester tonight. Two hours of great fun in a venue packed with fans who lapped up the songs old and new and laughed again at all the jokes he tells at every gig.
    A thoroughly entertaining evening.

9. JimmyB

JimmyB pfm Member

Awesome and really loud....what a show when they supported LCD Soundsystem in Glasgow.

10. JimmyB

JimmyB pfm Member

Julia Holter in Edinburgh, good gig, lot of talent on stage.

11. Johnstephen

Johnstephen Active Member

Ben Howard at Birmingham symphony Hall. Terrible sound and zero stage presence. An experience I will not be repeating. It is a shame because I love the latest record.

12. Konteebos

Konteebos Ignorant Uninformed Hard Remainer

Mastodon on Saturday 19th in Glasgow, I needed something loud to drown out all the Brexit shite swirling around in my head. They were pretty decent and with Scott Kelly from Neurosis singing on several songs it was a memorable night. The support bands were Mutiod Man (good fun) and Kvelertak who weren't to my taste.

13. I saw him a few years ago at Alexander Palace, a venue I think has pretty poor sound, he was excellent, the best sound I've heard there. Agreed he lacks charisma on stage.

Cheers BB

14. Dozey

Dozey Air guitar member

Shanir Ezra Blumenkranz and Abraxas playing John Zorn's Masada Book 3 - The Book of Beriah (in Vienna).

15. AllyD

AllyD ex audio room poster

Mastodon last Saturday Glasgow. I agree the appearance of Scott Kelly improved things. I quite liked Kvelertak, though I would like to have seen their original singer.

Ally

16. JimmyB

JimmyB pfm Member

Cake at Glasgow QMU. Great gig, missed the support, Israel Nash, which would have liked to hear. Very good at the old audience participation which we all enjoyed. Finished with ''Going the Distance' which just blew the crowd away.

17. Daisy

Daisy Member

Just seen Hen Ogled at the White Hotel in Salford, amazing group- very special, great venue if bit hard to find .
    Also out the blue saw Israel Nash last Thursday at Deaf Institute not familiar with the music but very impressed.

18. glenda

glenda pfm Member

Oooooh Hen Ogledd !- Just bought the album and looking forward to seeing them live at the Green Man Festival this year.
    A few of us went to see Seoku Keita and Catrin Finch at the Welsh College of Music and Drama last night - they were great but eclipsed by the Malian band Ngoni Ba - who played 3 ngonis ( a small stringed instrument which they introduced as the grandfathers of modern guitars),a drum which resembled half a spacehopper with cymbals,a bowling ball half covered in shells and a tiny drum which was carried on the shoulder. They are all related and the mother sang beautifully in an hypnotic style.Highly recommended - at one point I found myself singing loudly joining in with the chorus - haven't done this for 30(?)years , so must have been a good night.

Cheers

19. Erinanton

Erinanton pfm Member

The Residents at the Union Chapel

Still peddling their brand of Americana weirdness to great effect.

20. guey

guey pfm Member

The Grid at the Moog Symposium at Guildford University last Saturday.
    Nice bit of modular wobbling.

Next up: Lindstrom/Isolee/Bjorn Torske at Earth in Hackney this Saturday.

Andrew C! likes this.