1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

What concert have you last been to #3

Discussion in 'music' started by Rasher, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

The Unloved at The Band on the Wall.
    Excellent. Cracking drummer. Nice harmonies and off kilter songs.

2. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

Robert Forster...at the Band on the Wall.
    Super.
    Stuff off the new album stands up very well.

3. gintonic

gintonic 50 shades of grey pussy cats

The Specials in Cambridge last week. Great stuff can still knock out a tune.

Anyone going to Field Day week after next? Headliner is Skepta on Friday- really looking forward.

Death Grips also on Friday usually put on a good show as well

4. Heckyman

Heckyman pfm Member

Kamasi Washington in Manchester — mind expanding!

Like watching a whole group of Hendrixes playing jazz, amazing energy from the band.

The 2 drummers did a "solo" while the rest of the band took a break.

5. Gaius

Gaius Trade: Stiletto by Tangerine

10cc at the Royal Albert Hall on 2nd May. Quite superb.

6. wylton

wylton pfm Member

Mammoth Penguins at the TIn, the Canal Basin, Coventry, spoilt by the ridiculously high sound level of the support band, who shall remain nameless!

7. musiclover

musiclover whatisinanaim

Christine and the Queens at All Points East, London yesterday. Fantastic concert

Andrew C! likes this.
  8. Taff63

Taff63 pfm Member

The Buddy Rich Band with Ian Paice at Ronnie Scott's on Thursday was a disappointment quite honestly but The Muffin Men last night at The Greystones were very good.

9. calorgas

calorgas pfm Member

All Points East, Saturday just gone. I enjoyed some or all of the following:

Fat White Family - excellent, a bit mad/surreal though not as much as the last time I saw them
    Bakar - not heard his/their music before, very good, energetic stuff
    Courtney Barnett - perfect all the way through, great stuff
    Raconteurs - good but kinda dull/clichéd at the same time
    The Strokes - sounded great, but JC seemed to get a bit lost with the lyrics and kept needling the drummer

Caught a bit of some other artists too, but nothing that stood out. Well knackered by the time I crawled onto the National Express at midnight, and even more knackered when I finally crept through the front door at 4am :)

10. Engels

Engels pfm Member

The Evil Usses - Bristol based four piece that describe themselves as jazzynotrock and rockynotjazz

Beefheart meets Melt Yourself Down meets post-Barrett/pre-Meddle Floyd

11. smegger68

smegger68 Mango Enthusiast

Trigger's Broom version of Gong in Cardiff last Thursday. Bloody good stuff :)

12. JensenHealey

JensenHealey pfm Member

Hugely enjoyed Roger Hodgson at the Albert Hall last Friday night. The Mrs was well happy too - despite thinking she would not know much - turned out she remembered most of the songs - she saw Supertramp in Montreal back in the 1980's - and she keeps hearing it as I play it home.

13. guey

guey pfm Member

Fujiya & Miyagi, supported by Insides at The Green Door Store in Brighton last night.
    Excellent gig, and a lorra love in the room.

14. madscientist

madscientist pfm Member

Tower of Power at The RAH tonight..excited!!

15. madscientist

madscientist pfm Member

T.O.P great night only marred by the somewhat lacklustre drum/bass sound...

16. RoyleBlue

RoyleBlue pfm Member

Took wifey to see Paul Young in Norwich last night. Nice venue, great sound, great memories from the set list, tight band with wonderful backing singers, but he must have hit at best a dozen good notes!

17. TCar

TCar pfm Member

Liz Phair in London last night. Been a fan for > 20 years and nice to see her live. 22 songs, with a mixture across her four main Lps tilted toward the first three.

18. bigjonny

bigjonny pfm Member

Lau last night, they played all of the new album in the second half of the show and very good it is.

19. vince rocker

vince rocker pfm Member

Steve Hillage at the mecca of the modern dance, The Ritz, in Manchester last night. The first Steve Hillage Band shows for 40 years(!) and it was great. A super tight 7 piece band - Steve, Miquette, 2 more guitars, sax, bass and drums - produced thunderous riffage and extended solos from the man, who was obviously having a whale of a time. Great lights too. He's playing Shepherd's Bush Empire tonight, then more shows in November.

20. poco a poco

poco a poco pfm Member

The Daniel Martinez Flamenco company tonight in St. Lawrence's church in Ludlow. Fabulous guitarist in the style of Paco De Lucia, with a great band, two more guitarists a violinist, 3 flamenco singers and a dancer. Wonderful atmosphere with both the band members and audience really enjoying themselves and the band pushing on to greater emotional highs.