1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

What concert have you last been to #3

Discussion in 'music' started by Rasher, Mar 5, 2013.

1. guey

guey pfm Member

We're off to see them in Brighton on Thursday - really looking forward to it.
    It's going to be a bit of a rush to get down in time for the support (Kincaid featuring Blancmange), but hopefully we'll make it.

2. Dougie2404

Dougie2404 cranky old git

SNJO with Bill Evans on tenor sax. Awesome.

3. gintonic

gintonic 50 shades of grey pussy cats

4. Andrew C!

Andrew C! Been around a while....

Midge Ure 1980, at DMH. Rather good, but then I’m biased.

I was just one man on a lonely platform....

Accuphaseman likes this.
  5. Daisy

Daisy pfm Member

Richard Hawley last night at Albert Hall in Manchester , fantastic , front row with my daughter lovely and its as though that place was built for him

6. guey

guey pfm Member

Creep Show at The Old Market in Brighton (well, Hove actually) last night, supported by Kincaid featuring Blancmange.
    Both excellent; with the evening ending on a cracking rework of The Cabs Sensoria

7. bbbiker800

bbbiker800 pfm Member

The Doors Alive. Great gig. Anyone?

8. Sean K

Sean K pfm Member

Kamasi Washington in Auckland, last Thursday. A two-hour flight to get there, so very much a treat, but well worth it What a terrific band, just wonderful. Do see them if you get a chance.

Venue wasn't massive (The Powerstation), so had a relatively intimate feel, able to get right up the front without having to barge in and spill others' drinks, etc. Was also nice not having to wear earplugs.Tempted to go back up to see the DIgable Planets in December.

9. guey

guey pfm Member

Ibibio Sound Machine last night in Aldershot (yes, Aldershot).
    You would have to be a serious curmudgeon not to have enjoyed that - insanely tight, funky band, with a brilliant frontwoman.

10. guey

guey pfm Member

Snapped Ankles last night at The Boileroom in Guildford, who were great fun.
    I'm surprised not to have seen any love for them around these parts, considering their post punk influences (Devo, The Fall), and the fact that they're produced by one of The Comet Is Coming.

We missed/avoided the first support band; but the second, Lunch Money Life, were excellent - kinda dubby post punk post rock jazz (and also produced by Danalogue of The Comet Is Coming).

Blimey, two ace gigs locally in two nights - we're being spoiled for a change.

11. FC united

FC united pfm Member

The Murder Capital Leeds last Monday and Manchester last night.
    Awesome band!!!!

12. Accuphaseman

Accuphaseman pfm Member

Saw Midge Ure last night at the London Palladium. Absolutely fantastic.

Again biased as he is my favourite artist for 40 years.

13. Andrew C!

Brill!

Off to see China Crisis next Friday, and OMD on Saturday!

14. SteveG

SteveG pfm Member

I went to see The Cult at the O2 Academy in Glasgow earlier in the week, for their A Sonic Temple tour and they were excellent. Next two are in December and are both also bands I started listening to in the 80's - The Silencers and Goodby Mr Mackenzie.

15. igor_xxxx

igor_xxxx pfm Member

Art Ensemble of Chicago - last weekend.

16. Andrew C!

China Crisis, at Ravenshead Village Hall.

175 capacity, very intimate, and laughed loads as Gary cracked gag after gag. Some very good song choices for me, several covered from Difficult Shapes...

17. RBrinsdon

RBrinsdon pfm Member

Caravan - Huntingdon Hall Worcester 25 October.

Still gigging and an excellent setlist. 50 years tour!

18. Andrew C!

OMD, at Nottingham Royal Concert Hall.

Fun night as always. Took my wife, who isn’t a fan, and she loved it.

Ps the PA sound was excellent. Nice to hear live keys and programming sound done well.

19. Konteebos

Konteebos Traitor Re-joiner

Sunn O))) on Friday night at the QMU in Glasgow. As you would expect it was ridiculously loud, but not as loud as when I last saw them at SWG3 - I didn't see anyone falling over from the sound this time...
    My new Earpeace ear plugs (as recommended by Tony L) proved up to the task (with the black 26dB filters installed).

20. Konteebos

Konteebos Traitor Re-joiner

Well, the Guardian were there and seemed to like it, too!

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/oct/28/sunn-o-review-qmu-glasgow