1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

What sends you leaping for the off switch?

Discussion in 'off topic' started by eisenach, Jan 12, 2019.

1. tones

tones Tones deaf

Is that still going????? I remember that from the 1950s as kid in Belfast, before TV. Astounded at the thing's longevity.

2. Jamie

Jamie pfm Member

Jeremy Vine.
    Used to quite like Chris Evans on the drive to work. Now I switch stations continuously.
    Need a DAB for Radio X!

3. simon g

simon g Grumpy Old Man

Jeremy Vine. Over paid talentless muppet of the first order.

Big Tabs and TheDecameron like this.
  4. eisenach

eisenach Thüringen

A fine shew of tolerance , here. Well done! :) I could pretty much have added any of those, though I do rather like the Now show!

5. Barrymagrec

Barrymagrec pfm Member

Grace died in a bid to stop ITV.

6. zippy

zippy pfm Member

You beat me to it !

7. Joe

Joe pfm Member

It's " twitter" when she is on Radio 4. On 6 Music she pronounces it " twih-ah " ........ It's a yoof thing, I imagine.

8. Joe Hutch

Joe Hutch Mate of the bloke

The Archers

Thought For The Day

Count Arthur Strong

9. davidjt

davidjt pfm Member

Just A Minute

Thought For The Day

Count Arthur Strong

Arthur Smith

10. darrenyeats

darrenyeats pfm Member

Almost everything! But specifically:
    Radio 1 (hated it when I was young, still do)
    Eastenders and any of those other soaps. Just watch without sound - the faces of constant misery!
    Most modern comedy-free dramas - miserable

For us entertainment is an escape so we like comedy, action and romance (or blend) - if it's fantasy so much the better.

I've had enough "gritty and realistic" in my life already, and I see more on the news, thank you!

Vinniemac likes this.
  11. whatsnext

whatsnext Naimless

I tried some BBC over the holidays but it did not continue. It has all been off for so long. I bet I miss it when it goes

12. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

The One Show is my number one. It only has to get to the second “One” and Ive zapped it. I’m getting flashbacks of Adrian Chiles’ face now writing about it. Reminds me of watching the Singing Ringing Tree when I had chicken pox as a child- scarred for life. Coronation Street is another- music to slash your wrists to. Do they still have those grim opening credits with a cat on a wet slate roof with coal smoke belching out of a chimney?

13. MikeMA

MikeMA pfm Member

Is there anything left?

Have you thought of dumping your radio?

TheDecameron likes this.
  14. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

Archers
    Women's Hour
    Saturday Live, usually
    Count Arthur Strong
    Thought for the day I just ignore.
    Most things on TV I just ignore. I've been away all week and not turned the TV on at home or away since Sunday.

15. Joe Hutch

Joe Hutch Mate of the bloke

I watch about an hour and a half's worth of TV a week: University Challenge and Les Miserables are the only two I watch regularly, plus the occasional film and BBC4 music programme (if I remember to check the listings, which I rarely do).

16. eternumviti

eternumviti pfm Member

Gardener's Question Time is a funny one. I don't listen to it, but it isn't a brick at the radio type thing. It does though amuse me with the number of panellists over the years who possess amusing aptonyms - Fred Loads, Bill Sowerbutts, Bob Flowerdew, Clay Jones, Pippa Greenwood, Bunny Guinness, Anne Swithinbank.

17. Marchbanks

Marchbanks Golly, do I ever have a lot of soul!

“...and now I’m handing over to Geoffrey Boycott...”

Change channels, set the timer for twenty minutes.

18. eternumviti

eternumviti pfm Member

Oh, heavens, on the BBC Radio 4 Gardeners Question Time Website, in this week's programme...

"Chris Beardshaw and Eric Robson dispense advice on good nut maintenance."

Mustn't miss that!

19. Colin L

Colin L pfm Member

Spot on ET, and I don't say that very often. :eek:
    I'd add the ONE Show as well..

20. Kraus

Kraus Member

Yes, only comedy if lugubrious = funny.

Which it doesn't.