1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Where best to get film developed?

Discussion in 'photo' started by calorgas, Aug 14, 2019.

1. calorgas

calorgas pfm Member

We've inherited a tidy Olympus Trip 35 and are planning to buy a couple of films to rediscover the joys (and disappointments) of using a compact film camera. Thing is, I don't really know where best to get them developed any more. A quick google throws up a few places still offering it but some only do colour and some don't print but only scan to digital (or that's what it seemed). So, any recommendations?

I do already own an old but working Fujica SLR that was last used by my daughter for her A-Level photography but she did the developing at the college and I haven't used it for at least 15 years. I might revive that too if I have a good Trip trip.

2. Paulicus

Paulicus pfm Member

3. Grenadier_45

Grenadier_45 pfm Member

4. Hoopsontoast

Hoopsontoast pfm Member

I use 'The Dark Room', prefer them to AG Photolab, the basic scan quality seems better too.

5. topoxforddoc

topoxforddoc pfm Member

Dark Room in Cheltenham is great.

If you shoot B&W, then learning to develop your own film is a) easy, b) cheap and c) once you've learnt, you will never send your film out again

6. calorgas

calorgas pfm Member

Perfect, thanks fellas, I'll look into those.

Developing my own seems unlikely, but you never know!