1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Which CD only release would you like on vinyl.

Discussion in 'music' started by blossomchris, Oct 19, 2017.

1. Fudgemaster

Fudgemaster pfm Member

Properly recorded, it has the potential to sound really fantastic. But having recorded sound for a movie, you'd expect they'd have adjusted for those transients? Unless they were told not to bother, probably budget-dependent?

2. stefane

stefane pfm Member

Would love to see the latest albums of folk music legend Ramblin' Jack Elliott released on vinyl.

"Friends of Mine" (1998) and "The Long Ride" (1999) were released on Hightone Records as CDs only. Both albums were produced by the slide guitarist Roy Rogers.
    In the noughties Ramblin' Jack Elliott released another two fine albums on ANTI-: "I Stand Alone" (2006) and "A Stranger Here" (2009), the latter being an album of blues covers (ranging from Blind Lemon Jefferson and Blind Willie Johnson to Tampa Red and Walter Davis) produced by Joe Henry.

3. darrenyeats

darrenyeats pfm Member

Bill Laurance, Live at Union Chapel.

Love the music (sans the bonus tracks), but there seems to be something fundamentally disjointed and incoherent about the sound quality - I have the 24/48 version and I presume the CD is no better. I hear the same on my speakers and IEMs. I suspect the root cause is to do with too much or wrong processing, presumably digital, but there's always a chance wherever the problem lies they can re-do it from there for another (e.g. vinyl) release.

After a few plays now I can listen through the perceived issues (though I l'd prefer not to have to).

Last edited: Mar 9, 2019
  4. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

Says in here it will be released:
    BBC News - 'Everybody warmed to George Michael' - manager on life with the singer
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-47552136

Big Tabs likes this.
  5. Big Tabs

Big Tabs hearing problems

Thanks Weekender.
    That is good news. It doesn't give an indication of when, but Older sounds like it is in the pipeline and that David Austin recognises the demand for a vinyl reissue.

I do hope they do a good job. I would be happy to see it issued as 2 x !2" 45rpm - (unlikely)