1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Which phono stage with P8/Apheta 2?

Discussion in 'audio' started by Nagraboy, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Strictly Stereo

Strictly Stereo Trade: Strictly Stereo

Yes, I replied the same day. I also sent a follow up message on 5th July.

2. Ptah

Ptah pfm Member

Wow - I didn't receive them - apologies. Will go back and check but maybe there's something up with my email.

3. Nagraboy

Nagraboy pfm Member

Arrived home from Poland last night and today I’ve got the Rega Fono MC and Bob’s Devices SUT to try out with the P8/Apheta 2.

First record up is the new one from Polypores: Flora, with the Fono MC doing phono stage duties.

[​IMG]

MusicMiles and Salamander like this.
  4. Elephantears

Elephantears Trunkated Aesthete

When you try the Bob's Devices, make sure you have it on the 1:16/150 Ohm setting. The 1:30 will give too much gain and 50 Ohms will be too low for your Apheta. There is a danger that neither is right and 150 will be too bright: I don't know how fussy the Apheta is. Fingers crossed. A shame I don't still have the Hashimoto HM-3; that would have been just about right.