1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Who's Heard the Dutch & Dutch Speakers

Discussion in 'audio' started by zekezebra, Nov 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knipester

Knipester pfm Member

Here’s a picture of what Lee & I was up against regarding the room...

[​IMG]

After...

[​IMG]

No the bunk bed were not rebuilt!

jackbarron and linnfomaniac83 like this.
  2. Purité Audio

Purité Audio Trade: Purite Audio

Where did you store the beds, I can only applaud the time and effort spent and just for one day, really commendable.
    Keith

3. hifinutt

hifinutt hifinutt

indeed , agreed

4. Knipester

Knipester pfm Member

Sorry we didn’t get to chat Phil

hifinutt likes this.
  5. Purité Audio

What was on the rack, Auralic, Innuos, MiniDSP and the other black box?
    Did you use the correction in the MiniDSP?
    Keith

6. Knipester

Knipester pfm Member

Yes innuos was just for roon core duties, auralic Aries g1 streamer & mains block.

The mini dsp was used to flick between curves for demo purposes as it would have been very fiddly to do it via d&d’s lanspeaker app.

Obviously at home I don’t have this set up instead my d&d’s are fed digitally by the auralic and that’s my system but when basing yourself in a nondescript hotel on the side of a motorway it needed Lee & I to think laterally. The demo of filters seemed to go down well so was worth the extra effort

Andrew C! and S-Man like this.
  7. S-Man

S-Man Kinkless Tetrode Admirer

They remind me of my old ES14s in this pic!

8. sunbeamgls

sunbeamgls pfm Member

I enjoyed listening to Knipester's system on Saturday evening.

Also a good chat with Strictly Stereo who helped Knipester set up his room. We were across the corridor from each other and Strictly Stereo came over to discuss the Linn approach to optimisation for the room - we had a look at the graphs of the calculated room mode notches vs how I'd adjusted them. D&D and Linn take a different approach to solving the problem - I think we agreed that both had benefits and challenges but have good outcomes compared to not addressing the room. Nice guy, not at all pushy but clearly passionate about his products.

9. sunbeamgls

sunbeamgls pfm Member

They go in the bathroom, although quite a few of us used a mattrass to cover the large built-in wardrobes towards the back of the room. I filled my wardrobe up with boxes, other packaging and the duvets and pillows too, as they tend to act as resonators otherwise.

10. Fretbuzz

Fretbuzz pfm Member

Will there be any of these playing at the North West Audio Show in June? Intrigued to hear.

11. Strictly Stereo

Strictly Stereo Trade: Strictly Stereo

I might be taking a pair to the North West Audio Show. You don’t have to wait until June to hear them though. I can bring a pair to you.

12. Strictly Stereo

13. Fretbuzz

Fretbuzz pfm Member

Cool. Thank you for the offer - I'm not in the market at all right now tbh though so wouldn't want to put you out. Just wondering if hearing them would plant seeds for down the line. If you're at the show I'll certainly come over. Cheers.

14. Knipester

Knipester pfm Member

It will plant a seed!

15. kev m

kev m Active Member

Hi I had a good listen to the speakers on saturday night and got to sit in the middle chair for a long time having a great chat with Paul and listening to the speakers. I agreed with Paul that I liked the filter with the slight roll off. The speakers give a great open soundstage and I was impressed with them and like he says they go near the wall and can be adjusted to your taste. They also lead to a minimal box count as he only needs a streamer and in the future he says with an update he can get rid of the separate AURALiC streamer and just use roon with qobuz.
    At home now listening to my Teddy Pardo PR1 with MB100 mono blocks with auralic mini with linear power supply with my recently bought RME AD12 DAC feed into my Proac D20r speakers it is a similar neutral sound. Although as speakers they had a bigger sound and I realise that its hard to compare. I would say anyone wanting a full system for around £10,000 should give them a listen and as he has done, they are a match to other systems that could easily cost up to £30,000.

16. Strictly Stereo

In that case, call and book a demo here instead. The coffee is much better and there is a whole lot less background noise.

Knipester and Andrew C! like this.
  17. Fretbuzz

Fretbuzz pfm Member

Cheers, will think on, and you're not a million miles away.

18. Hifi_swlon

Hifi_swlon pfm Member

I asked them directly too. It appears they’re not quite sure and will let me know next week....

Kii, however, confirmed their warranty is non-transferrable. For such a technical box (and with reports of both brands having the odd fault as you might expect in such complex devices) the non transferable warranty is definitely something to bear in mind for domestic users or for anyone buying used.

19. Purité Audio

Kii and Dutch&Dutch have both acted promptly with any query I have fielded, they both realise that professional users can’t afford to be without their tools and that level of service also extends to their do domestic customers.
    Keith

20. Hifi_swlon

Hifi_swlon pfm Member

I’m not quite following how that relates to a lack of warranty on used items? I would have assumed both offer excellent customer service and I’ve certainly not read anything untoward, but outside of warranty in the future leaves buyers of used pairs with an unknown quantity in case of a fault. It may mean repair/replacement costs even on a unit under 5 years old. Certainly got me thinking.

Will be interesting to see what Dutch & Dutch come back with. Perhaps there’s will turn out to be transferable or tied to product rather than first owner, which is a much better/fairer system IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.