1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Who's Heard the Dutch & Dutch Speakers

Discussion in 'audio' started by zekezebra, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Purité Audio

Purité Audio Trade: Purite Audio

I am so pleased you are enjoying them, they are superb loudspeakers, ( much more than just loudspeakers of course).
    Keith

2. Strictly Stereo

Strictly Stereo Trade: Strictly Stereo

Martijn Mensink from Dutch & Dutch will be joining me at the North West Audio Show. If you have any requests for demonstrations, presentations etc, Let me know and I will try to accommodate those.

Is anyone interested in hearing a multi-sub arrangement used to even out the low end room response? Common sense tells me that this will be difficult to set up under show conditions, with limited time and lots of background noise, but the masochist in me is saying “let’s give it a go”.

Andrew C! likes this.
  3. Musicraft

Musicraft Trade: Musicraft

Nice one Paul :cool:

4. Musicraft

This just gets funnier and funnier :) ..... , room correction, subwoofers. You see. Look, adopt and slip it in ;) :D

Btw, I might be interested but please do try to compliment the 8c's with the best subs in the business though. Unfathomable sub bass by JL Audio.

[​IMG]
    JL Audio Reference Gotham® v2 4500w active subwoofer

[​IMG]
    JL Audio Reference Gotham® v2 4500w active subwoofer

http://www.jlaudio.co.uk/home-audio-powered-subwoofers-e-sub

http://www.jlaudio.co.uk/home-audio-powered-subwoofers-fathom-v2

http://www.jlaudio.co.uk/home-audio-powered-subwoofers-gotham-v2

[​IMG]
    JL Audio Fathom and Gotham Series drive unit

[​IMG]
    JL Audio Fathom Series active subwoofers

[​IMG]
    JL Audio E Series drive unit

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Strictly Stereo

I seriously doubt that we're talking about the same application of subwoofers here, but if it makes you happy to tell yourself otherwise, be my guest.

tuga likes this.
  6. Strictly Stereo

...Oh, and thank you.

7. Musicraft

Joker :p

8. Musicraft

You're welcome Uncle Lee :)

9. Space is the Place

Space is the Place pfm Member

I'd just let the speakers do their thing on their own, because i feel most want to hear if a little speaker can deliver some scale and dynamics.

I can't remember if it was last year or the year before, but they had some Kii's with subs set-up in the corners, the system sounded poor (sounded much more convincing at yours in that room with the concave ceiling).

Now it could have been the room etc but there was an identical room down the corridor with traditional separates and they trounced the Kii's (although this room IMO it was the best sound of the show).

Saying that if you can get the guy from Dutch to sort it could be great!

sunbeamgls likes this.
  10. Strictly Stereo

I think the Kii demonstration you're talking about was the year before last. The "subs" were actually AVAA active bass traps. I'm talking about something much more sophisticated using multiple conventional subwoofers. I take your point though and I would only do that if I could easily swap back to a conventional two channel 8c-only configuration. The biggest challenge with this type of multi-sub system is the amount of measurement involved. With limited setup time and lots of background noise, it will be tricky to gather enough measurements, process the data and set everything up before the show opens.

11. Strictly Stereo

You're being creepy again. Could you dial it down a bit?

12. Purité Audio

Sounds very interesting Lee, multiple subs smoothing room response for multiple seats or a simpler sink/source arrangement I do intend to experiment at some point.
    The 8Cs subwoofer output/software should make it relatively straightforward.
    When is the show?
    Keith

13. Strictly Stereo

The former, but using outboard processing. The built-in subwoofer outputs lack the necessary tools right now, although these may be added in time. The show is 29th-30th June.

sunbeamgls likes this.
  14. Purité Audio

15. Strictly Stereo

It's normally a bedroom. 3.5m x 4.5m I think.

16. tuga

tuga European

17. Strictly Stereo

18. sunbeamgls

sunbeamgls pfm Member

First time at Cranage? Let the 8Cs shine, don't overcomplicate things. If people new to the 8Cs think they need a whole bunch of subs to make them work, they'll lose sight of what the 8Cs are capable of. IMHO of course.

19. PhilofCas

PhilofCas pfm Member

Agree, 8C only (please :)).

20. Strictly Stereo

Ok. I get the message. No subs.

sunbeamgls, camverton and jackbarron like this.