1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Who's Heard the Dutch & Dutch Speakers

Discussion in 'audio' started by zekezebra, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Fretbuzz

Fretbuzz pfm Member

Maybe a stupid understanding/question, but...

As the speaker output is based on room interactions, will you have to do that, optimally, when it's full of people and not empty (ie the day before or whatever)? Make much difference?

2. Purité Audio

Purité Audio Trade: Purite Audio

Rooms usually sound better full of people, they make good absorbers/diffusers, low bass won’t be affected so you might still need to reduce any room mode derived
    Peaks.
    Contemporary auditoriums have absorptive material on the undersides of the seats which replicates the effect of having a customer sitting there.
    Keith

3. Strictly Stereo

Strictly Stereo Trade: Strictly Stereo

I will only be correcting the lowest frequencies. A few people more or less won’t make an appreciable difference.

Thank you for your optimism. Let’s hope that the room really is full of people.

4. Fretbuzz

Fretbuzz pfm Member

I getcha.

Of course it will be!

5. Fretbuzz

Fretbuzz pfm Member

Didn't know that re seat undersides, cool.

6. Andrew C!

Andrew C! Been around a while....

Hi

Can any 8c owners on here tell me the length of the supplied mains cables?

Much appreciated.

Andy

7. Strictly Stereo

Strictly Stereo Trade: Strictly Stereo

They're 2 metres long.

Andrew C! likes this.