1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Why does Radio Paradise sound so good?

Discussion in 'audio' started by The Bish, Mar 20, 2019.

1. flatpopely

flatpopely Prog Rock/Moderator

kevinrt and narabdela like this.
  2. Arkless Electronics

Arkless Electronics Trade: Amp design and repairs.

I'm missing having a DJ after a while... still got it on as background in workshop though. Excellent on screen info but if not in front of the screen you're thinking "hmm that was good I wonder who it was" without a DJ to tell you and fill in a bit of background info.

narabdela likes this.
  3. narabdela

narabdela who?

That sounds rather excellent.:)

4. Robn

Robn pfm Member

I really like the sound using the FLAC different mix options, though presently the announcer voice announcements are coming in midway through tracks. The 'stereo' aspects of the mix sound more pronounced than I hear on my other sources, not sure if this is an artifact or better retrieval but at present I like it.

5. Gaycha

Gaycha Well-Known Member

RP Used with Shazam and then save results to Spotty 'MY Shazam tracks', and it's a great playlist builder.

6. wacko

wacko pfm Member

RP complete playlist is listed on their website which is even easier than trying to note down a DJ talking over the end of great music.

TimF likes this.
  7. Dave***t

Dave***t pfm Member

I think there might be a bit of confusion going on - I've got a Naim streamer, and I can't see any version of FIP that's at more than 192. Nothing listed on vtuner, either. I suspect julifriend may be talking about the RP Naim stream. It'd be nice if not, though.

Weirdly, I've noticed that while the main FIP stream is at 192 and does sound clearer, the Nantes stream at 128 has a bit of a low end boost and so sounds a bit warmer. Just in case that floats anyone's boat.

8. julifriend

julifriend pfm Member

I was. Apologies for any confusion I might have caused. Internet radio is new to me and I had no idea what FIP was/is. I was intending to reply to the OPs question.

9. webster

webster Listen & enjoy.

I've no experience of streaming music and tend to listen to locally stored flac files or CD's but having stumbled on this thread decided to give RP a whirl.
    Initial impressions are that it's a great way to discover new artists and the sound quality is excellent.
    Is there any way to create personal playlists as I'm struggling to find such a function?

10. Gaycha

Gaycha Well-Known Member

There are no playlist personalisation as such with RP, but if you create an account with them, and log on to all your listening devices, there is a 'Heart' button you can hit anytime when you hear something that you like. Then periodically you can go to their main website and see all your rated tracks in one place.

Alternatively, I use the Shazam iOS app to grab and identify a particular track. Save those tracks in Shazam My Shazamed Track, and also into a Spotify playlist - if you are a user.

Otherwise pen and paper works OK ;-)

11. webster

webster Listen & enjoy.

Thanks for that info.

12. Moppit

Moppit pfm Member

I never have a pen to hand when I need one....If I'm playing RP via the App or Volumio I tend to just screenshot the 'now playing' tab showing artist/album - these tracks get added to my Spotify playlist or I buy the full CD if I want better SQ

13. JemHayward

JemHayward pfm Member

LMS users can install "what was that tune" plugin which works with RP, though you can't click on the track to go back and listen again, but I just use Tidal to listen, which is also lossless, so it's a pretty good system all round.

14. Bjork67

Bjork67 pfm Member

Listening to this , makes you wonder how do they come up sorting the playlist out. It's outstanding to my lugs.

julifriend likes this.
  15. krenzler

krenzler pfm Member

16. thebiglebowski

thebiglebowski pfm Member

I did read somewhere that Bill used to be a music producer and designed his own kit or EQ for RP.

Sounds brilliant whatever he's done.

17. Sonci

Sonci pfm Member

The music is good, but it sounds compressed to me, at least the 320kbs stream.

18. Jim Audiomisc

Jim Audiomisc pfm Member

That worked OK when I tried it OK using ffmpeg to either record the stream or play it. But what's the URL for the flac stream? It would be interesting to do a comparative analysis.

19. flatpopely

Hi Jim.

I think that FLAC is only accesable via the web player in RP, I searched for the URL but could not find one!

20. flatpopely

Doesn't sound compressed to me.