1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Womens Football Worldcup.

Discussion in 'off topic' started by drummerman, Jun 8, 2019.

1. cooky1257

cooky1257 pfm Member

Haha, very good.
    Despite the huge sums pouring into the pro game in the UK we have a very serious issue with underfunding of grass roots football, the FA should be called the sweet FA tbh and until this neglect is reversed the amateur routes into the big time for both men and women will forever be hobbled.

2. SteveG

SteveG pfm Member

The US has a massive advantage in woman's football due to the number of ladies that play they game at school and college. I'm not sure what the situation is now, but certainly when I was at school and university in Scotland there were virtually no women playing football.

Given how relatively few women must be playing football in the UK I actually thought the England team was reasonably impressive - and hopefully the high profile of this world cup will see an increase in the number of women taking up the sport.

Andrew C! likes this.
  3. davidjt

davidjt pfm Member

Please tell me we don't copy the yanks who yell 'Get in the hole!' ? What kind of a Trump does that?