1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Womens Football Worldcup.

Discussion in 'off topic' started by drummerman, Jun 8, 2019.

1. gintonic

gintonic 50 shades of grey pussy cats

Cameroon are claiming racism

Tarzan likes this.
  2. BJP

BJP Pink is the new Blue

Watching the replay will quell that .

3. BJP

BJP Pink is the new Blue

Uh oh , now Cameroon goal is disallowed .

4. Andrew C!

Andrew C! Been around a while....

Cameroon team are dirty players... and have been watching too much men’s footy re dissent...

andy831 and Rockmeister like this.
  5. Andrew C!

Andrew C! Been around a while....

Also good on Phil Neville for saying it as it is, and he’s quite right to do so. Young girls will be watching that game, and the England set up set the example, not Cameroon.

Rockmeister and andy831 like this.
  6. Cav

Cav pfm Member

Yes. That is why moving ahead of the goal line towards the kicker is not allowed.

7. Cav

Cav pfm Member

If accuracy of decision making is a bad thing, you won't have many sports left to enjoy....

8. gintonic

gintonic 50 shades of grey pussy cats

oh was the GKs hands holding the ball? Not entirely convinced that was the correct outcome

9. Mullardman

Mullardman Moderately extreme...

Enjoyed the game. I didn't enjoy the 'nastiness' from Cameroon which was not acceptable at any level, but I'd agree with the commentators that the refereeing was weak. At some points I was just shouting at the telly for the Ref to lead England off the pitch and declare them winners by default. I know.. not really etc..but Refs need an ultimate sanction if a whole team is refusing to accept both Ref and VAR decisions and just spittng their dummy out.

Mostly I'm enjoying watching the England ladies playing with skill and intelligence. They have clearly showed up the desperate failings of many England Men's teams in recent decades, but from this footie ignoramus'' p.o.v., they need to be more careful to keep posession.

BJP and Andrew C! like this.
  10. BJP

BJP Pink is the new Blue

Spot on , every game they give the ball away numerous times , they have got away with it so far , so we need to stay lucky .

Andrew C! likes this.
  11. Tarzan

Tarzan pfm Member

They came pretty close to 'losing it'... some shocking tackles Phil Neville had it right in the post match interview.

12. adamk

adamk pfm Member

Exactly, there have been periods in all England games so far where the passing has been woeful.
    France v Brazil last night was a of a quality beyond what England have produced so far. Having enjoyed some generous VAR decisions in previous games it was ironic that France were denied what looked a perfectly valid goal. France vs USA should be a top game later this week.

13. jackbarron

jackbarron Chelsea, London

Attempted to watch various games, seen the appalling passing and have switched off.

Having said that, the France vs Brazil game last night was a step up, so I might tune into the Final.

Jack

14. BJP

BJP Pink is the new Blue

Yes France v Brazil was worryingly good for England , the passing and movement was sharp and accurate .

15. peterm

peterm pfm Member

England passing has been awful every game I watched.

In yesterday's game it seemed particularly evident that almost every time Nikita Parris got the ball she passed it straight an opposition player.

Can't see us getting much further than this.

16. BJP

BJP Pink is the new Blue

These penalty decisions are getting tedious , 2 for USA both soft the second one I'd have booked the player for diving .

egodissolve likes this.
  17. egodissolve

egodissolve ....you're telling me Unicorns aren't real!

I said exactly the same. I am getting rather fed up with it all.

18. Welby

Welby pfm Member

Netherlands V Japan was a great game of football - For me best of the tournament so far

jackbarron, egodissolve and BJP like this.
  19. BJP

BJP Pink is the new Blue

Yes it was , brilliant , really exciting , I thought Japan were going to be steamrolled by the physical Dutch side but there skill shone through and if it wasn't for another bloody penalty which smacked the Japan girl's arm , how was she to avoid that ? Ah well I'm sure the Dutch will stand up to the German's a bit better that Japan may have done .

egodissolve likes this.
  20. egodissolve

egodissolve ....you're telling me Unicorns aren't real!

Football can be so cruel, felt so sorry for the Japanese, their football was top drawer. I also felt for the Spanish against the US, I thought it was daylight robbery.
    Did everyone see Marta's interview after the unfortunate French defeat:

Inspiring. I admit I got a little emotional myself!

BJP likes this.