1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Woods Wins The Masters.

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Weekender, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

Emotional scenes....whatever you may think of the man it's one hell of a story.

Mr Cat, andrewd, leroyd and 1 other person like this.
  2. RickyC6

RickyC6 Infuriate the frog-men

The local strippers will be pleased he’s pulled it off.

3. gintonic

gintonic 50 shades of grey pussy cats

sigh!

Rockmeister, leroyd and Wilson like this.
  4. Martian Sunrise

Martian Sunrise pfm Member

Heroic

leroyd likes this.
  5. Wilson

Wilson _

Amazing. What a round.

leroyd likes this.
  6. myles

myles Intentionally left blank

It's a fantastic comeback from what should have been the end of his time at the top. He must have had to completely rebuild his swing to make allowances for his spinal surgery.
    One of the very very best.

Rack Kit, Mr Cat, leroyd and 3 others like this.
  7. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

Some of his recovery shots from poor lies were quite awesome.

8. leroyd

leroyd pfm Member

Inspirational. He was in hell mentally, Physically and emotionally. Mocked and laughed at by the press, many golf fans and the public. Now he beats the best. What a comeback.

Mr Cat and myles like this.
  9. Philim

Philim pfm Member

Awesome win. Probably the best golfer ever. To comeback from where he was and win at 43. Good to see the emotion with his kids at the end.

Rack Kit, myles and leroyd like this.
  10. Nic Robinson

Nic Robinson Moderator

Inspirational.

myles likes this.
  11. Cav

Cav pfm Member

Truly a saint....

12. Hook

Hook Blackbeard's former bo'sun.

Today reminded me of when Nicklaus, at age 46, won his 18th and final major at the 1986 Masters.

13. andyoz

andyoz pfm Member

I read this book 3 months ago and assumed he was a gonner.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tiger-Wood...er+woods+book&qid=1555319669&s=gateway&sr=8-1

He could barely walk 2 years ago.

I only started to watch any Masters footage on Sat and once I saw him swinging at 80-90% I sensed the rest of the field better watch out. I think his swing looks great now and never liked it when he was bulked up and swinging at 110%....also no idiots yelling ..."You're The Man"

Rack Kit likes this.
  14. Rack Kit

Rack Kit pfm Member

I remember ex pros like Faldo and a few others having concerns about his swing at that time. Guess he wouldn't have listened to anyone then but how he's managed to rebuild his game since the operations is amazing. No idea how long his body will be able to hold up for but I'm sure he'll pick his tournaments carefully like Federer in Tennis and just aim to be in peak form for the majors.

A fantastic sporting comeback story.

myles likes this.
  15. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

Yes I remember someone saying "he's going to have problems".

16. H20GNA

H20GNA Member

Regardless of his issues, what heroic effort. Good luck to him. Truly moved.

Gary

17. Stunsworth

Stunsworth pfm Member

It’s Augusta, they don’t let the riffraff in.

18. Martian Sunrise

Martian Sunrise pfm Member

I'd struggle to watch golf in america. after about the third "gitnole!", i'd set fire to someone.

Wilson and TimF like this.
  19. Gaycha

Gaycha Well-Known Member

I doff my hat to the man. A true display of triumph under adversity.

Not a huge golf fan, but really enjoyed watching the play. that course is also a masterclass in landscaping and course design.

Tiggers always bounce, but wasn’t expecting him to bounce back like that

As World’s first billionaire sports player, he has had more than enough temptation.

20. Chops54

Chops54 pfm Member

Does he equal Nicklaus record of winning the Masters in three different decades or something like that? If that’s true then he really is one of the greats.