1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Worst musical genres ever.

Discussion in 'music' started by Frankiesays, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Salamander

Salamander pfm Member

Punk - think Sex Pistols
    Drum & Bass

julifriend likes this.
  2. Jonathan

Jonathan pfm Member

second or third for drum n bass :p

3. Jonathan

Jonathan pfm Member

what were all those 'historical recreation' type groups from the early eighties about anyway??

adam and the ants (saved by marco pirroni)
    tenpole tudor
    there are a bunch of others whose names escape me now

4. Dozey

Dozey Air guitar member

The only thing I can think of is hits recorded by other artists in compilations. "Popular" in the 60's and early 70's. When I was walking round Wilco's before Christmas they were playing Slade's Christmas song recorded by a different band trying top sound like Slade.

5. zekezebra

zekezebra pfm Member

Anything penned by Max Martin, Dr Luke etc. Usually preformed by no talent artists Auto-tuned to the max.

Yank likes this.
  6. madmike

madmike I feel much better now, I really do...

Industrial...try Front Line Assembly!

Jonathan likes this.
  7. PhilofCas

PhilofCas pfm Member

No thanks :D

8. Marchbanks

Marchbanks Golly, do I ever have a lot of soul!

This rang a bell with me - I think it might be the Rezillos. The same song as (imagine the Scottish accent) “I can’t stand up...let me sit doan!”

I’m sure I had a copy of it, but it seems to have disappeared from my collection like all my other singles from the 76-80 period. Doubly annoying when the likes of Cilla and Lance Percival are still there.

9. Jonathan

Jonathan pfm Member

i only recently found out slade was originally a skinhead band ... originally ... was truly bizarre for me

10. Dozey

Dozey Air guitar member

Well, as Ambrose Slade in 1969 they were not a skinhead band. Chas Chandler changed their image in about 1970 to get publicity.

11. alanbeeb

alanbeeb pfm Member

There is a whole swathe of modern Jazz which people I know rhapsodise over, get all blissed about the virtuosity of the performers etc, and all I can think of when I hear it is:
    "All our representatives are currently busy, but your call is important to us!"

12. Yank

Yank Bulbous Also Tapered

The alto saxophone immediately takes me to that place.

13. PhilofCas

PhilofCas pfm Member

Well, ever the one to give something a chance, I thought I’d listen to them, and actually that’s alright, don’t mind a bit of that. But it isn’t what I was referring to, Napalm Death, as someone pointed out, is what I don’t like, that is proper babba :)

14. mercalia

mercalia pfm Member

jazz is another than makes me puke. They should learn to read music rather than make it up as they go along

15. claire.foxx

claire.foxx ⚢ punk princess in a pretty party dress

Elevator muzak is about the only genre I can think of... I don’t hate it per-se, more like feel a sense of being trapped in the presence of a lower power.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
    foxwelljsly likes this.
  16. Frankiesays

Frankiesays Rats is life.

Not enough hate in this thread, can we have some hate for Brit pop? All that empty posturing, nauseating.

17. Cheese

Cheese Bitter lover

Franz Ferdinand used to have a rather good press over here, unless this isn't Britpop ?

18. Stunsworth

Stunsworth pfm Member

I’d say there’s far -too- much hate.

19. herb

herb music live

Do you play an instrument? Most Jazz is quite structured, even the so called freeform stuff:)

20. TomF

TomF pfm Member

Prog rock. Pretentious and vacuous.

Oh and Neil Young. What a whiny crock of shite.