1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

XenForo migration status and bug reports

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Tony L, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Is everyone having problems on Flickr?

PS I’ll just give it a test as I use Flickr....

[​IMG]BBC B Basic! by Tony Lonorgan, on Flickr

(not the pfm server!)

2. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

That worked for me.

3. gintonic

gintonic 50 shades of grey pussy cats

yes I have some photos I posted in the pets thread, that I cant see in the thread, but I can see them in the preview when I edit the post.

I think flickr glitched earlier today, so maybe there is a caching thing going on.

4. gintonic

funny but I can't see the 4 photos in the thread, but clearly others can as someone has 'liked' the post.

Anyway, just posted another pic and it seems ok.

5. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Maybe stuck in your browser cache from earlier? Try a refresh.

6. gintonic

no joy with that. Not entirely convinced with local browser cache - I posted the pics from my work machine using IE11, and couldn't see the 4 pics. Tried to look on my Android phone using chrome, no pics. Came home and on my Win10 tablet using Edge; no pics. So whatever it is, it isn't browser cache.

7. gintonic

who knows what is going on - I just edited the post and re inserted one of the images from flickr, and I can now see it and not the other three.

8. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

I wonder if Flickr was serving up malformed links for a while for whatever reason?

9. gintonic

that was my initial thought, but others could my pics as someone liked the post - so the links were ok for others.

just edited the post and relinked all the images and I can see all the images. All is well now

10. wylton

wylton pfm Member

Not a bug really, but when open pfm I get the cookie thing coming up, which I accept, but then when navigating through the site, it comes up time and time again; I'm not sure if it makes any difference whether I'm surfing as a guest or if I'm logged on, but I'm lazy and like to keep key presses to a minimum - in fact I'd like a accept cookies forever across the whole of the web and have done with it!

11. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

That sounds like you have your browser security too high and the is not being allowed to save its cookies propery. If not the cookies may have got corrupt, so try deleting them and logging in again.

12. wylton

wylton pfm Member

Thanks Tony; I've cleared the cookies & I'll see how that goes.

13. drummerman

drummerman pfm Member