1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Your Favourite Butthole Surfer's album/track

Discussion in 'music' started by Big Tabs, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Big Tabs

Big Tabs hearing problems

I will get the balls rolling...

and let us not forget the excellent offshoot of 'electro' Gibby.

well worth a listen The Jack Officers 'Digital Dump'

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2018
  2. Aye Calypso

Barbeque Pope

3. Ibbots

Ibbots pfm Member

Daddy
    Yes son?
    What does regret mean?
    Well, son. A funny thing about regret is it's better to regret something you have done than regret something you haven't done. And if you see you're Mom this weekend be sure and tell her SATAN SATAN SATAN

(must be 25 years since I last listened to Locust Abortion Technician - might wait a bit longer)

4. Big Tabs

You must admit it is memorable.

5. mikemusic

mikemusic pfm Member

That's the one

Another of the countless tracks John Peel turned me onto

6. Ibbots

Ibbots pfm Member

actually, might give it a blast tonight!

7. Anex

Anex Señor Member

One the greatest Beavis and Butthead moments is the Buttholes' Detachable Penis video on MTV.

8. Big Tabs

I am playing this right now,

Butthole Surfers - Double Live cd

[​IMG]

I was shocked to find it is worth a few quid now.

[​IMG]

9. Seeker_UK

Seeker_UK Waiting for the streetcar..

Saw them at Reading in '89 and they came on stage and smashed everything up before they'd finished the first number. Then came back and played a great set. I was so impressed, I bought the 2CD live thingy.

Favourite tracks?

Psychedelic Jam, Jimi, Swet Loaf and Human Cannonball are great but my favourite is this:

10. Ibbots

Ibbots pfm Member

Just finished Locust Abortion Technician, about the best description I can give is a glorious noisy mess. Brilliant. I don't think I got it first time round: too uptight and on the wrong drugs - caffeine, bitterness and resignation suit it better.

This copy is in mint condition too which is nice, still in the cellophane with HMV price sticker for £6.49.

Best tracks: Sweatloaf, Human Cannonball and 22 Going on 23

Thanks for the prod.

Off to root through my old records to see what else I was too stupid to appreciate at the time - remember an album called Skull**** that had 4 drummers but not sure what the band was called.

11. 73Chaz

73Chaz pfm Member

I have the CD single of Pepper, which i played the other day. First time in decades, and quite enjoyed it.

12. lovejoy

lovejoy pfm Member

Ah them were the days!

I used to car share with a guy I worked with. On our daily 30 mile round trip, if he was driving I'd get subjected to endless Meatloaf and Brian Adams, so when I got hold of Locust Abortion Technician, it was my album of choice in the car for months, which drove him mental, so he now knew how I felt! that makes it one of my favourites.

In terms of tracks though:

Lady Sniff from 'Psychic, powerless, another man's sac'
    and
    Moving to Florida from 'Creamed corn from the socket of Davis'

They don't do titles like that anymore.

13. Big Tabs

I have seen the Butthole Surfers I think a couple of times, most notably at Brixton Academy I think early nineties?? There was the naked girl dancing on stage and I think Gibby did the pegs in his dreads trick were he goes mental and thrashes his head madly whilst pegs fly everywhere, it was f'kin nuts. Very loud as well, i was stationed next to the stage on the right. An amazing gig. I had meant to go skateboarding at the Brixton skatepark, but the gig was a better idea. On the way back a mate of mine vomited out of the window down the side of the car, whilst we were doing 50 odd. Hilarious and not my car (even funnier)

Can anyone remember this gig and when it was?

May have seen them at Reading festival '93 '94 '95 but I cannot remember much from those festivals. I rely on a mate of mine to remind me of the bands I saw then normally. Ahem.

14. Elephantears

Elephantears Trunkated Aesthete

Haven't heard this for ages (the one BS record I own), but doesn't he sound like a pissed David Thomas?