1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Your favourite music bloggy/downloady sites

Discussion in 'music' started by RickyC6, Mar 23, 2007.

1. RickyC6

RickyC6 Infuriate the frog-men

2. Tantris

Tantris pfm Member

Over the last few months I've picked up some superb music from church number nine (although I still fail to see any attraction in Sun Ra or Zappa), Nothing Is, Gizmo and Inconstant Sol.

Long may these blogs continue to give access to music that would be otherwise available only through spending hundreds of dollars on rare Incus or FMP LPs.

3. dave charlton

dave charlton pfm member

I don't do bloggy/downloady, but the recent Coltrane stuff I posted from youtube was brill IMHO.

d

4. muk

muk Member

Thanks for the John Peel link.

5. paulfromcamden

paulfromcamden Baffled

6. Mike Sae

Mike Sae Infinitely Baffled

There's a great meta site that compiles music from the blog sites. You can listen to tracks individually or in a continuous stream.

I've forgotten the url, does anyone remember this site?

7. Mike Sae

Mike Sae Infinitely Baffled

8. RickyC6

RickyC6 Infuriate the frog-men

**** that's good. I put in "Au Pairs" and got about 20 hits back! How am I gonna get any work done now?

Cheers

Rich

9. Tantris

Tantris pfm Member

As well as the sites I mentioned above, I can't recommend a new site, jizzrelics, highly enough - definitely not for those into 'mellow' (yeeeurcchh) jazz though. Picking two at random, the Petrowsky Quartet and the Revolutionary Ensemble are new to me and are very good.