1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Your favourite quotation from a musician ... ?

Discussion in 'music' started by formbypc, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Marchbanks

Marchbanks Golly, do I ever have a lot of soul!

I thought that sounded familiar, and now I have remembered why - here’s part of Zappa’s sleevenotes for ‘Freak Out!’ -

1. HUNGRY FREAKS, DADDY . . . (3:27) was written for Carl Orestes Franzoni. He is freaky down to his toenails. Some day he will live next door to you and your lawn will die.

2. neildalton

neildalton pfm Member

Tom Waits, on being asked how he gets the inspiration to write: ‘I shave my head, put on a rah-rah skirt, and perform a rain dance’.

3. serendipitydawg

serendipitydawg Dag nabbit!

"I was born the day after Leadbelly died. I'd like to think we passed in the hall."
    ~Tom Waits

4. serendipitydawg

serendipitydawg Dag nabbit!

FROM ROLLING STONE I/V WITH DONALD FAGEN 16/6/2017

Q. "What do you wish someone had told you about the business you're in?"

A. "As a kid, I figured that maybe 20 percent of the population were lying, predatory snakes. It turns out it's upwards of 90 percent. "

5. radamel

radamel Music Fiend

This one's pretty good too IMO:

"I’ve always had a sick sense of humor and I’ve always wanted that to permeate the music because I don’t take myself seriously. I take the music seriously, but I know I’m not God’s gift to anyone except my mom."

-Josh Homme

6. farfromthesun

farfromthesun pfm Member

Derrick May: Techno is “George Clinton and Kraftwerk stuck in an elevator”.

7. Unregistered

Unregistered pfm Member

John Lydon
    "I can't believe it's not butter!"

8. Graham H

Graham H pfm Member

Morton Feldman was presenting a new piece to his teacher Stefan Wolpe. Wolpe commented this is all very well Morty, and brilliant, but what is the man in the street going to make of it? Just as Wolpe was saying this, they both looked out the window and saw Jackson Pollock crossing the road on the street below. Jackson Pollock - the man in the street.

9. claire.foxx

claire.foxx Gender Traitor

10. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

The Ramones own that one.

11. AudioAl

AudioAl pfm Member

Bob Geldof , Live aid , Give us your fuc-ing money

flapland likes this.
  12. rough edges

rough edges pfm Member

Introducing himself to Bob Dylan at an L.A. party, Grant offered a warm handshake. "I'm Peter Grant, manager of Led Zeppelin" he said. Dylan replied, "I don't come to you with my problems. do I ?"

13. Barryoke

Barryoke pfm Member

Lemmy Kilmister after a gig to my mate, a petite but larger than life female Mancunian... ''You've got a great pair of tits, and believe me, I've seen a lot of tits in my time!'' She's very proud of that moment.