1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Zep on the Beeb tonight

Discussion in 'music' started by muzzer, Dec 8, 2012.

1. muzzer

muzzer Numb Nut

O2 concert was on BBC2 tonight, I found it a bit sad and creepy to be honest.
    Page still acting like a rock god and going through all the poses was a big no no he should be more restrained like Jeff Beck and just let the guitar do the talking.

2. Nigel

Nigel pfm Member

Give Page credit for not dying his hair though. The amount of old rockers with not a grey hair in sight never ceases to amaze. This isn't a dig at Jeff Beck, he might be a silver fox for all I know, haven't seen a picture of him in a long time.

3. johnhunt

johnhunt pfm Member

Page leaves hair natural but still too many rock star poses. Get a grip

4. AllyD

AllyD ex audio room poster

Must be the least amount of times Plant has said Baby in a concert.

5. Nigel

Nigel pfm Member

I enjoyed it until Dazed & Confused, lost interest after that. I guess that was just half the concert?

6. Wolfmancatsup

Wolfmancatsup Empire State Human

I think Pete Townsend needs to stop the windmilling now too...

7. Wolfmancatsup

Wolfmancatsup Empire State Human

Just watched the Zep thing and enjoyed it, although I could have done without Dazed & Confused and Whole Lotta Love.
    No Stairway... though - excellent!

Mick

8. zarniwoop

zarniwoop hoopy frood

What people often forget when watching a rock concert up close where the cameras take you is that the show is for everyone at the venue, and some people will be a long way from the stage. So a bit of showmanship is required so they can see anything at all. That's why Jagger still cavorts about like a loon and Ian Anderson still does his bug-eyed standing on one leg thing.

9. serendipitydawg

serendipitydawg Dag nabbit!

Even more underwhelmed than by the Celebration Day CD.

I am usually tolerant of data-reduced sound via the iPlayer, but in this instance could only stand about 15 minutes before I clicked Exit.

Still not sure why we had to wait so long for the official version of a very worthy memorial to Ahmet Ertegun.

Hope all the profits from the myriad versions of Celebration Day are going to Ahmet Ertegun's charities.

The cynic in me suspects not.