1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Ziggy

Discussion in 'music' started by Gaius, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Gaius

Gaius Trade: Stiletto by Tangerine

Been playin' all sorts tonight and closed on this.

It's one of the least played Bowie albums round here, too well known right from the 6th Form to this day; bit like Dark Side.

The odd time though when the mood gets you and you play it, well it still gives me chills. Such a perfect album.

Of them all Bowie wins the day every time.

For me.

2. Bartman

Bartman pfm Member

Ziggy's the one for me, although Station to Station and Scary Monsters also get played regularly. I haven't given his most recent release a try although I've heard it a few times whist browsing for records. Not convinced it's anything like as good as his earlier stuff.

3. Gaius

All great albums and as said round here quite often, what a superb run of material right up to Let's Dance.

The 40th Anniversary cut of Ziggy is really very good btw...

4. andy831

andy831 pfm Member

Ziggy, Hunky Dory, Pin ups, they are all as good as each other and get fairly equal playtime in this household

5. Cookstown

Cookstown pfm Member

Diamond Dogs does it for me.

6. Gaius

Aladdin Sane is my favourite in very many ways.

7. sadcafe

sadcafe pfm Member

So rich in quality can only be played occasionally. Has to be played in its entirety and LISTENED to. Mick Ronson was a genius and a true star. His arrangements on all things Reed/Bowie/Hunter are stunning.

8. John

John TDS free

Changesone and Station to Station are the only older Bowie albums I owned for a long time until I started reading fanbois posts on this forum. :)

9. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Station To Station is a interesting place to start, everything is rather different from there!

10. twotone

twotone pfm Member

I own more Bowie and Miles Davis records/vinyl than any other artists.

Hunky Dory is my favourite Bowie record then Ziggy and AladdinSane.

Agree re Mick Ronson, doubt Bowie would have been Ziggy without Ronson.

11. Cesare

Cesare pfm Member

Ziggy - did he play guitar?

Hunky Dory then Station to Station for me. First two I heard, still the best for me.